What to Do if You Think You Have Bed Bugs
Proudly Serving South Carolina | North Carolina | Georgia
For many people, their bed is a place to relax and refresh. Finding bed bugs in your bed and home can turn your happy place into a place of annoyance and frustration. Bed bugs often hitch a ride on your clothes or luggage after visiting hotels or other homes that have been infested. When you find bed bugs in your home, don’t panic, you do not have to deal with them by yourself! The professionals at Rocket Pest are here to help you through your bed bug infestation as quickly and easily as possible.
Start With A Quote On Us
Click below to contact Rocket Pest for a FREE pest control quote.
Getting Rid of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are very difficult to completely remove from your home. They are excellent at hiding and just when you think you’ve gotten rid of them all they somehow reappear. The best way to ensure your bed bug infestation is completely eradicated is to use a trusted and experienced exterminator but there are a few steps you can take to assist the exterminator and make sure your bed bug problem is gone for good:
- Use a lint roller to pick up any eggs or bugs you might find.
- Vacuum your floors, mattresses, and furniture often, preferably with a bagged vacuum cleaner. Put the vacuum bag in a garbage bag and dispose of it immediately. If you have a bagless vacuum, empty and seal all contents in a bag then thoroughly clean the vacuum.
- Collect all bedding, clothing, and stuffed animals and place them in a garbage bag to prevent spreading.
- After washing, put all infested clothes and bedding in the dryer at the hottest temperature possible to kill any remaining bed bugs or their eggs.
- Use a sealed mattress protector to trap bed bugs and prevent them from spreading to other areas of your home.
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation
The first step in getting rid of bed bugs is confirming that you have an infestation. It can be difficult to spot the early signs of an infestation due to bed bugs’ small size and nocturnal nature but knowing the signs of infestation can help catch bed bugs as early as possible. Some common signs of a bed bug infestation include:
- Reddish brown bugs on your mattress or furniture.
- Blood stains on your sheets and pillows.
- Small dark spots on your bed, about the size of a pin.
- Seeing yellowish skin cast leftover from when bed bugs have molted.
- Finding small, red, itchy bites on your body.
Calling an Exterminator
Treating bed bugs is not something you should do on your own. Many products sold in stores that claim to remove bed bugs are ineffective at completely removing an infestation. Instead of helping you, they will cost you valuable time which will allow the bed bugs to infest other areas of your home. Using an exterminator that has extensive experience removing bed bugs, like Rocket Pest, will save you time, money, and frustration when dealing with bedbugs. Our technicians have the experience and knowledge to completely get rid of bed bugs in your home, allowing you to rest easy knowing bed bugs are gone for good. If you believe you have bed bugs, contact us today for a free quote.Back to Bed Bug Exterminators